Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How the Other Half Cooks

Today's post is a quick peek into how my significant other cooks. I do 95% of the cooking, but yesterday hubby got off work early and I came home to a lovely fire burning in the wood stove and dinner already underway. It was a wonderful thing to come home to considering it was quite dreary and cold yesterday and I was feeling a bit defeated by Monday. I took the opportunity to curl up on the couch with a glass of wine and wait for my dinner.

The first course was a vegetable broth with cabbage, carrot, celery, and onion. It was light, but tasty and warming in a veggie broth kind of way.

The next course was leftover nut loaf, leftover beetroot salad, and some roasted potato slices in the leftover gravy from Saturday night's dinner (previous post).

It was a "manly" type of meal...you know, mainly nut loaf and potatoes covered in gravy.

Here's a shot at the master at work in the kitchen:


Happy Tuesday,

Ciao for now.

3 comments:

  1. Rose,

    That is so sweet that John made dinner. He can give my mister lessons. At our house my husband cooks maybe twice a year, and there has to be a reason, like I am too sick to get out of bed.

    I will definitely be sharing this tidbit tonight at the right moment.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the look of that soup. Mmm mm! Of course it's in the 90s here today! Hmf..

    I love your blog by the way! I feel like I found a bloggy sister. I really want the background to be green like the absolutely adorable banner you've got. Am I crazy?? Telling you to change your background color??? And we've just met!

    Looking forward to reading all your archives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweet Potato,

    I don't have any sisters; I got stuck with 3 brothers instead. I like the idea of having a bloggy sister!

    The banner is a picture I did in adobe illustrator, but you could probably set your background color to something similar; If you want, I can try and figure out what the hex code would be based on the color in illustrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...